Thursday, November 6, 2008

Broken Teeth!

This picture was taken a couple of days later. It looked a lot better then when it first happened!

Well on October 18th it was stake conference weekend and I had decided to do some deep cleaning before we left for the Saturday adult session. I was upstairs cleaning and had just finished mopping the down stairs. I could hear Adalyn running around and singing and then a big "BANG" and a scream. I new she had fallen so I came running downstairs and Adam had already picked her up. She was bleeding on her bottom lip and I was asking Adam what happened. He said she was running through the kitchen and slipped on the floor and pretty much face planted it. Her bottom lip was swollen and bloody but I thought a popsicle would make her feel better. She still kept crying and I decided she was probably tired, so I calmed her down and put her down for a nap. A couple hours later Adam had left early for the Stake center and Adalyn woke up. She was still really crying and upset. I was trying to get ready to go and she finally said to me "this hurts" and pointed to her top teeth. I pulled back her top lip and could immediately see something was wrong. Her gums were dark purple and bleeding right above her top big middle tooth and the tooth right next to it. I gently touched her teeth and they were very loose! I freaked out thinking she had gone a couple of hours with her teeth probably hurting so badly and telling her to just go to bed. Plus Adam was already gone, so I called her dentist there was an on call dentist who said he wanted to see her. After getting a hold of Adam we met at the dentist office who took x-rays and told us that she had fractured both teeth at the root tips and would probably need both teeth pulled by an oral surgeon who would sedate her to do it. It was been a few weeks and she hasn't lost her teeth yet. They are still loose and there has been no infection yet. The dentist said they will probably turn dark (die) and then need to be pulled but that could take a month to happen or a year. So now we are just waiting so see what will happen and hoping that she is able to keep her teeth since her adult teeth won't come in for another 3-4 years! I would hate for her to have a big toothless smile!

3 comments:

Erickson Family said...

OMGsh!! Poor baby. I got the shivers thinking about her teeth being "fractured" in the gum. OOOOO! That totally reminds me of when Brinlee broke her arm in HI and we made her sleep ALL NIGHT with a broken wrist! I swear, what do we think sometimes! UGH!

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

Poor Adalyn. It reminds me of Jake Harris too! Did she mind going to the dentist? Hope she's doing okay! Rebecca

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

Wow, poor girl! I hope she is doing alright.