Saturday, August 14, 2010

Claire LeAnn

On July 24th at 11:32a.m. weighing 7lbs 6oz and 20 in. long Claire was born. I know it has taken me 3 weeks to post this, I've been procrastinating.
First how she got her name, Adam and I both just really liked the name Claire and LeAnn was supposed to be my middle name. It is my dad's middle name Leland and my mom's middle name Ann put together. But when my dad filled out my birth certificate he decided to make my middle name Diane. Which my mom was not happy about. Anyways when we were trying to come up with a middle name, my family suggested LeAnn and we really liked it.
On July 23rd I was just over 38 weeks pregnant and was feeling pretty good just tired of being swollen, and feeling huge. I was dilated to a 3 already and was ready to have her. It had been over 100 degrees and humid for weeks here and being 9 months pregnant made it that much worse. So I decided on that day to go to the chiropractor and get adjusted then I had eaten spicy food the past couple of days, I also took caster oil (which I had never done before) then I bounced a little bit on the trampoline. That night our branch had a party at a park and we decided to go. It was 104 degrees outside and we were outside for a couple of hours. We then decided to walk on some trails. As you can see I did everything I could to start labor. We got home at 9 pm and I laid with Ellie and fell asleep with her. At 10:30 Adam woke me up to come to bed. I started having contractions and they felt different then my normal braxton hicks. I laid there for awhile and then told Adam I was having contractions every 3 minutes apart. So it was now 11 pm and we decided that we should go to the hospital since it was 45 minutes away. Since we are new here we didn't know anybody to watch the girls so we got them out of bed and took them with us. We called Adam's brother who was going to come to watch the girls to start driving because it was a 2 hour drive. We got to the hospital around midnight and they said I was dilated to a 4. They didn't want to admit me but didn't want to send me home since I lived so far away so they told me to walk around for 2 hours and come back. The girls had been awake so I told Adam to take them to the van and let them sleep while I walked around the hospital. After 2 hours Adam's brother got to the hospital to take the girls home and Adam and I went back to see if they would admit me. They said they would. I was relieved. I wasn't progressing that fast so they told me to keep walking. With my other girls I was induced and everything was quick and easy so this was weird going into labor by myself and then having to walk to keep my contractions going. I didn't understand why the doctor just wouldn't give me pitocin. So I was up all night long. Finally at 7 am the doctors changed and the new doctor walked in and said to me this is your baby and your labor what do you want me to do. I was so happy I told him I would like pitocin. They started me on that and then a couple hours later was ready for an epidural. Unfortunately it took them another hour before I got it and by then I was in pain. I was feeling comfortable after I got it and fell asleep. At around 10:45am I woke up to move a little and felt a gush. My water broke. I had never had my water break on its own, so that was weird. Right after that I told my nurse that I was feeling my contractions. For some reason when my water broke my epidural stopped working and for the next 30 minutes I felt all of my labor. Let's just say it was the worst pain I had ever felt in my life and I was begging the doctor and nurses to just give me more medicine, but they wouldn't. I never want to experience that again. Finally I felt her coming and pushed twice and she was out. It had been a long night and was a really different labor experience from my other girls. I was really surprised how little she was, she is my smallest baby. She never cried and we didn't hear her cry until she was 2 days old. I was able to come home only a day after having her which I was really grateful for. The girls came up on Saturday to see me and Claire. They loved seeing her and holding her. They have adjusted really well to having a new baby in the family and have been big helps to us. I feel really good and am recovering quickly. We feel so blessed to have this sweet new spirit in our family.








7 comments:

Aimee said...

Congratulations!!!!! She is so adorable. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing fine. Megan you are amazing! You have a beautiful family. give everyone hugs and kisses we miss you!

Jilene said...

Congrats McKee family! She's beautiful! I still need to hook you up with my bro that lives in Manhattan. Hope all is well and you are adjusting to another little girl!

The Blanquie Blog said...

I'm so happy for you guys. She is beautiful!!!!

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

Wow Megan, congratulations! I liked reading your story...with Sarah, they said they were giving me an epidural, but really it was a spinal, and wore off just like yours did! I felt your pain! Hope you all are enjoying your little bundle...by now I guess you have the routine down right?

Forever Young said...

Megan, your little girl is so cute! I love the matching t-shirts! I can't believe how long its been since we've seen you. I know you may not check this often, like me, so when you do send me a message I would love to hear from you.

Kaycee said...

A belated congratulations on your baby, a new home, Adam being home, and all the other fun things you guys have been up to. We are excited for you guys and we miss seeing you. Hope ROTC is going well for Adam. We will have to catch up sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮後宮