Friday, March 12, 2010

A First!




So Adalyn a few weeks ago came in crying saying her two bottom teeth hurt, when I looked they were really loose. She freaked out at the thought of me pulling her tooth and wouldn't let me touch it. So Adam sent her a book about loosing your tooth and the tooth fairy which she loved but it didn't make her want her tooth to come out. So after about 3 weeks of her teeth being so loose I finally decided it was time to just take them out. They were so loose they weren't even up and down anymore they were laying crooked. So on Sat. March 6 I literally pinned Adalyn down who was screaming and refusing to open her mouth and got her to open it after 10 min. of fighting with her. It fell out the second I touch it and even she said she didn't feel it. After she calmed down she was really excited that it was out and couldn't wait for the toothfairy to come. That night she put her tooth under her pillow and in the morning had $1. The next day I told her the other tooth needed to come out and she cried a little but opened her mouth and let me take it out. It also just came right out. So the toothfairy came again and she got another $1. Oh and because I made it so tramatic for her the first time I let her go to Walmart and pick out a barbie. I felt a little guilty about pinning her down but in the end it all worked out and now she loves to show everyone her 2 missing teeth.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Congrats! I love the tooth Fairy! Karlie misses you guys and wanted me to tell you she wants Ellie and Addie to come over.

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

Wow 2 lost teeth already! I think it's funny you had to pin Addie down...we've had to do that for medicine at times. Hope she enjoys the $2 and the new barbie!
Rebecca

Ryan and Christina said...

Such a big girl what cutie!