Friday, October 2, 2009

Another trip to the doctor!

So ever since Adalyn had RSV and pneumonia and was hospitalized for 6 days when she was 2 she has had respiratory problems. She has literally had bronchitis every 4-6 weeks for about the past year. So her doctor finally diagnosed her with asthma and told me to start giving her a breathing treatment of pulmicort everyday to prevent her from getting a flare up. So we have been doing that for about 3 months. But as soon as I forget to give it to her even 1 day she starts coughing. So Sept. 9th I ran out of pulmicort and was supposed to go pick up more medecine. I forgot that thursday and friday and felt horrible because by Sat. she was not stop coughing and had a fever. By sunday she was miserable and I could hear her wheezing really bad and she just had a really bad cough. So on Monday I new she had bronchitis again which she had just had 4 weeks earlier. So we went to the doctors and her temperature was over 102 and her pulse oxygen level was 92% So they made us stay and do some breathing treatments to get her pulse oxygen level up. It did go up to 95% so we got to leave and it took about a week for her to get back to normal but she is doing a lot better. I felt horrible for not getting her medecine and causing her to get sick. I know now she has to have it everyday! Poor girl.


0 comments: