Friday, October 2, 2009

Big girl in Pre-school!


Megan and Adalyn.


Adam and Adalyn. Adalyn's 2nd day of school.


Adalyn saying goodbye to Ellie!


The first thing they have to do is wash there hands. I love these little sinks!


It's a big classroom with a lot of seperate areas to play in.


She is the tallest and biggest person in her class! So her cubby is up top!

So I've been a littel lazy in keeping up with my blog so here is what's been going on with us. On August 24th Adalyn now 4 1/2 years old started pre-school. Now I had mixed feeling about this. It is a free pre-school on our base which is really good, it's mon-fri from 12:30 to 3:30. I couldn't imagine everyday Adalyn not being with me. Plus she was still taking a nap everyday.(she loves to sleep) and I am a very protective mom and didn't like the idea of not knowing what was going on, could she get hurt, what if somebody was mean to her, a million thoughts went through my head. Also the fact that she would be going to the bathroom with no help worried me a little bit. But we decided it would be good for her and help her break out of her shell. In her class there is about 20 kids and 3 teachers. Ms. Rosie is her teacher and Ms. Nicole and Ms. Terri are the helpers. It is a really good set up that they have. We know Ms. Nicole from some friends in our ward and have hung out with them before she also has a daughter Adalyn's age. Anyways on the first day only half the class comes at one time for only an hour and the parents stay to help the kids. Of course I got really sick and couldn't even get out of bed so Adam took her.I was really sad to miss her first day. She wouldn't leave Adam's side and cried when he tried to. The next two days were also only and hour and while all the other kids were happy to say bye to there parents Adalyn insisted that I stay with her. Thankfully she already new Nicole and would only go with her in her group. By Thursday it was her first full day with all the kids and I had convinced her that she could stay with Ms. Nicole and I would be back to get her. For the next 2 weeks she was glued to Nicole and would even go with her if she needed to leave the classroom. Now it has been a month and Adalyn begs me to go to pre-school. She loves it and all her new friends. She learned to write her name all by herself, and a ton of other numbers and letters. She comes home with fun new things everyday and has lots of stories to tell us. She is learning so much and I am so happy that she's in school.

0 comments: