Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Ellie!!

I can't believe Ellie is 2 years old! Time flies by. She was very excited for her birthday and instead of having a birthday party we decided to take her somewhere fun. We have never been to Santa Cruz but thought it would be a lot of fun. Adam had Friday and Monday off for 4th of July so Thursday night we drove to Travis AFB which is in the middle of our drive to Santa Cruz. It is such a nice base I am so jealous of it. Anyways the girls loved staying somewhere new. On Friday we got up on Ellie's B-day and drove the rest of the way. There is a huge board walk there with tons of rides and yummy food. It's also right on the beach. The sand was so soft. The girls loved seeing everything and were so excited. We kept telling Ellie it was her birthday she was so excited. Both girls went on rides for the very first time. I was very suprised about that! After eating and walking up and down the board walk for a couple of hours we went to the beach where Ellie got right in the water and rolled around in the sand. By the end of the day we had worn out the birthday girl and she fell asleep in my arms while Adam and Adalyn made a sand castle. It was a great day and we had fun celebrating Ellie's b-day. A little bit about my sweet girl. She makes my heart melt with her big eyes and cute smile! She is very independent and loves to say, "I do it my self" She is also a lot more adventerous than Adalyn. I call her my jumping bean because she jumps on everything, the floor, couch, all our beds, she loves to jump everywhere. We love her so much and are so happy we are blessed to have her in our family.



1 comments:

Chelsea and Jay said...

Holy Moly you did do a lot of entries! Good for you! You guys have a had a great summer of vacations! Coming to Oregon will be just another one to add to your list! We can't wait to see you guys! Love those girls- they are so cute!