Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A long drive to Oregon!

So July 28th was the day me and the girls drove to Oregon all by ourselves. I was really nervous about getting there safely and about the 2 girls not screaming the whole way but we did it. It took 10 hours but we made it to Woodburn.I must say though about 2 hours into the drive I got my very first ticket!(not a fun way to start a vacation!!) Adalyn did not make a sound the entire trip there or back, Ellie on the other hand had a few rough moments. But I was prepared with the DVD players and candy and activity books to keep them happy. I just stopped everytime Ellie needed me to and gave her a break and she was fine. We made it to Oregon just in time for Chelsea(sister in-laws) baby shower. I really wanted to go to oregon because all of my siblings would be there except for Paula and her family so it was a lot of fun. Plus I got to see Cashel my nephew for the first time and man is he cute and so cuddly to hold. Of course while we were there Oregon was having record highs and it was over a hundred for about a week which was not fun but as you can see by the pictures the kids were naked or in swim suits a lot and we ate a lot of popsicles. We went to the beach one day to get away from the heat which was a lot of fun and one day we went to Enchanted Forest. It's a park in a forest for kids with fairy tales, nursery rhymes, and other things for the kids to go through and play on. It was really fun to take the kids somewhere we went as kids. It was a lot of fun to get away for a little bit and let the kids play with all there cousins. I loved being with my parents and all my brothers and sisters and there spouses hanging out. We were sad to leave but very happy to come home to daddy. Of course the last couple of days we were there it got cold and the we had to find jackets and pants to wear. Thanks Mom and Dad for having us all home!


0 comments: