Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our new home

Adam and I had decided that we would like to purchase a home in Manhattan Kansas where we would be moving to. Well unfortunately it worked out that I would have to do it all by myself. We had to get a bunch of power of attorneys in order for me to do it all but I got pre-approved for a loan, found a realtor and started looking online at houses. I new I would have to go to Kansas to really look so I planned a trip the first week in March. This was the first time I have EVER been away from the girls overnight except for when I had Ellie! So I hated leaving them but they were in good hands with my parents. Thankfully Adam's family is in Kansas City area and my brother Ross and his wife Lindsay and there 2 boys. I asked Lindsay if she would go with me to Manhattan to look so that I would have somebody to bounce opinions off of. Manhattan is a 2 hour drive from Kansas City; she left Braden there oldest with her parents and brought Cashel who was 11 months old. We stayed in a hotel for 2 nights, so I only had 2 days to find a house. My realtor thankfully had everything lined up so we could see a bunch of houses. I new I wanted a 4 bedroom house that would be newer because of Adalyn's asthma and allergies. On our second day of looking she said a house had just come on the market in St. George KS which is a small town just 8 minutes outside of Manhattan. We went and looked at it and it was perfect. It is a ranch style home with a finished basement. 4 bedrooms, 3 baths. I love that there is a huge storage room downstairs and it's very spacious. It also has a tornado room with a steel door in the basement so that we can be protected. (Hopefully we never have to use it!) Anyways it had a fenced in backyard with a play set and a shed. One of the things I loved the most is that there is a new elementary school right across the street that I can see the playground from my front yard and walk Adalyn to school everyday! I just felt so strongly this was the house for us. I had to convince Adam a little bit because he wasn't here to see it in person but he finally said yes. (I actually thought it was a lot easier looking for a house without him because I just got what I wanted!) We put in an offer and a week later had a deal. We didn't close on the house until June 1st because we didn't need it until then but now we are all moved in and we able to buy a bunch of new furniture. Both of the girls got a bedroom set which I love. Adam and I have never had a bedroom set so we also got a king bedroom set. I love that we have been able to decorate and do whatever we want because it's our house (not the military's)
An interesting thing about living here is that we go to a branch it’s called the Wamego branch which is an awesome little town 5 minutes away. Our branch has about 80 to 100 people in it. They have been so welcoming and we have felt the spirit so strongly there. We meet in the back of a chinese restaurant! Yep, it's interesting but there is some vacant rooms between us and the church completely renovated the small space we have, so once your inside it looks like a church just very, very small. Adalyn loves her class and Ellie is very slowly adjusting to nursery (I sit with her) Adam this past week was called to be the young men's 1st counselor. There are about 45 primary kids, 8 young men, 8 young women. They have informed me that they have big plans for me but are waiting until I have the baby which should be in the next 2 weeks. So we'll see what happens. So far we love it here it is so green and beautiful.


Dining room and kitchen

Upstairs living room

Upstairs living room

Adalyn finally got her purple room.

Ellie and the new babies room.

Ellie's room

The girls bathroom.

Master bedroom.

Master bathroom

Basement family room.

The downstairs(basement) family room.

This is our downstairs(basement) guest bedroom. So come visit!!


2 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow Megan that is Great I love the house it sounds and looks Amazing! Congratulations I am so happy for you guys. You have room for 7 we are on our way! J/k

Ross, Lindsay, Braden & Cashel said...

megan the house looks so good! why do you think my help again? :)